Job Opening – March 12, 2019
COMPANY: Ecotope Inc.
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer
JOB TYPE: Full time, salaried position with benefits
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Ecotope is a mission-driven consulting, research, and mechanical engineering firm with over 40 years’ experience focusing on energy efficiency and sustainable design in buildings. Ecotope provides a range of services including mechanical engineering design of high performance buildings, technical research on energy use in buildings and emerging energy efficient technologies, and energy policy research and analysis. Our award-winning engineering design group provides full service HVAC and plumbing design, and consulting on Energy Code compliance and energy efficiency for multi-family and commercial buildings.
The ideal candidate will be prepared to successfully perform all of the listed job responsibilities. However, Ecotope will consider training promising candidates that have a strong aptitude and interest in the work. Duties include:
- Drafting of HVAC and Plumbing drawing sets (REVIT and/or AutoCAD).
- Preparing engineering calculations including heating and cooling load calculations.
- Developing HVAC and Plumbing designs under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Preparing project specifications.
- Coordination and communication with clients.
- Preparing energy code compliance documentation.
- Developing computer simulation models of building annual energy performance.
- Assisting with technical report writing and research projects.
- Managing one’s own day to day project tasks and managing client contacts.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar field.
- High degree of interest in energy efficient building systems and green building design. Direct experience preferred.
- Strong communication, technical and writing skills.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or REVIT and MS Office Suite.
- Detail oriented personality, ability to organize technical information.
- Ability to manage multiple on-going projects, and prioritize multiple deadlines.
- Self-starting personality, able to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to communicate well with clients, including setting and managing client expectations.
- E.I.T. or P.E.
- Experience with HVAC and/or Plumbing design for residential and commercial buildings
- Professional consulting experience and proven project management skills
- Knowledge of the Washington State Energy Code and other building codes
- 3+ years professional work experience
- Knowledge of and experience with sustainable building certification programs such as LEED, GreenGlobes, Built Green, EDSD, EnergyStar, etc…
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND CULTURE
The compensation package offered for this position will depend on the scope of the final job responsibilities & the candidate’s experience. Ecotope offers its permanent employees a benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long-term disability, 401(k) with employer safe harbor contribution, ORCA Business Passport, and starting three weeks vacation plus sick and safe time, bereavement leave and civil duty leave.
Ecotope is an owner-operated business focused on the satisfaction of clients and colleagues, enjoying an informal and comfortable work place overlooking Pike Place Market. We promote creativity and innovation while also expecting efficient and effective project execution, striving to manage the company’s project load in support of a healthy work/life balance. Individual employees demonstrate a high level of independence and responsibility for their work within our collaborative work environment.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Submit one (1) PDF file containing:
- Cover letter.
- Resume, including list of hobbies or interests outside of work.
Email PDF file to talent (at) ecotope.com with “Mechanical Engineer” as the subject line.