The Sunset Electric building was selected as one of 10 buildings featured at the 2014 Northwest Eco Building Guild Green Building Slam. The event celebrates and showcases local architects, builders and others involved in sustainable construction and renovation. Carmen Cejudo teamed with representatives from Weber Thompson and O’Brien Company for the 10 slide, 10 minute presentation at UW’s Kane Hall. Building design features include an open courtyard configuration which eliminates central building mechanical systems and provides each apartment with cross ventilation for natural cooling. An innovative Reverse Cycle Chiller system harvests heat from the parking garage to heat domestic water for the apartments. The project is targeting LEED Platinum certification.
- UW Architecture Students Visit Ecotope May 22, 2017
- Westside School Gets an A for Energy Efficiency December 15, 2016
- Ecotope Moves Downtown September 19, 2016
- Ecotope Part of Award Winning Energy Code Team April 19, 2016
- Announcing New Leadership February 23, 2016