Field Services and Commissioning Technician
Ecotope’s commissioning and field services team specializes in testing the newest climate-friendly building technologies including HVAC, water heating, lighting, and solar power. Our new construction service offering is focused on analyzing and verifying energy usage of high efficiency apartment buildings. Our test methods identify and correct performance problems before they become issues for tenants. We also perform scientific studies on existing infrastructure such as energy code evaluation, field audits, and year-long internet-enabled metering. We’re looking for a detail-oriented, highly organized Field Services and Commissioning Technician to join our team.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Field Services and Commissioning Technician are:
- Collect, track, and log equipment and system data; maintain organized and clear operating records.
- Assist in the preparation, packing, and shipping of equipment, including data logging and field-testing equipment.
- Perform and observe field tests; follow test procedures, collect data, and organize gathered information to compile, write and submit test event reports.
- Review information pertaining to systems and machines to be tested. Review user manuals, training materials, installation guides, test procedures, example reports and data sheets prior to the test events.
- Participate in field testing training to review test procedures, reporting requirements, and updated system instructions.
- During test events: Follow written test procedures, interact professionally with clients and company representatives. Interpret instructions and make decisions in accordance with prescribed tester protocols. Maintain clear communication with senior test engineers in cases of delays or test failures.
- Have a basic understanding of how to operate electronic and testing equipment: confirm all components are present/accounted for; identify unsafe user situations, confirm system functions are performing in accordance with user guides, confirm serial numbers and registration numbers, observe and track data logging and testing systems.
- Write succinct, informative technical reports on the outcomes of test events utilizing gathered data.
- Design measurement plans for measurement and verification studies.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform duties as described above and possess the following:
- Experience with commercial building mechanical and electrical systems and equipment
- Highly desired: Journeyman electrician
- Possess intermediate level capabilities with: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Demonstrate high levels of attention to detail
- Be process oriented
- Familiarity with electronics/IT for data logging and tracking is desired, though not required
- Current and valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40%, as needed
Ecotope, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, and local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. Ecotope, Inc. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to join our team, and we encourage our employees to bring their most enthusiastic, authentic selves to work.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org