At the November Regional Technical Forum meeting, Ben Larson presented research and findings demonstrating the regional energy savings potential of residential heat pump water heaters (HPWH). Encompassing nearly five years of work, the research shows HPWHs in single family applications have the potential to save 425 aMW (average megawatts). This conservation measure is a significant opportunity for planners, utilities, and home owners across the Northwest. The research measured performance in lab settings; in real houses with installations in garages, basements, and utility rooms, and created a calibrated simulation of the equipment. The final report on the project is forthcoming.
- UW Architecture Students Visit Ecotope May 22, 2017
- Westside School Gets an A for Energy Efficiency December 15, 2016
- Ecotope Moves Downtown September 19, 2016
- Ecotope Part of Award Winning Energy Code Team April 19, 2016
- Announcing New Leadership February 23, 2016